Linear Workflow Shelf Buttons:
Download wGammaTools here. v1.0
This is a tool that automatically sets up linear workflow for shading networks as described in the blog post here.
This tool is not a complete as I’d like, but it works really well. It was written for Maya 2009, and so doesn’t yet support the new display color management/lookup tables. Designed for MentalRay, VRay support is planned. For correcting materials, the tool will correct All materials if none are selected, or only those selected if any are. The same goes for inserting/removing individual gamma correction nodes.
- Correct selected/all shading networks (sRGB textures + procedurals + solid colors)
- May be used as a pre-render/post-render script
- exr and hdr textures are automatically skipped
- Material-to-Material connections are automatically skipped
- Manually insert/remove gammaCorrect nodes as needed
- User can choose Maya “gammaCorrect” or MentalRay “mip_gamma_gain”
- Includes lens shader setup/removal for MentalRay Maya
Installation: 1 - Copy the icons so that maya can find them, for example: $MAYA_APP_DIR/2011-x64/prefs/icons Or instead, add/update the XBMLANGPATH variable to your Maya.env to include the location of the icons. (see Maya.env for details) 2 - Copy the shelf script to your prefs appropriately. For example, put shelf_wGamma.mel into: $MAYA_APP_DIR/2011-x64/prefs/shelves Or instead, add/update the MAYA_SHELF_PATH variable to your Maya.env to include the location of the shelf. (see Maya.env for details) 3 - Copy the wGamma folder as a whole to your scripts folder: $MAYA_APP_DIR/scripts You can move the contained subfolders, as long as Maya knows where to look for the shelf and icons (mentioned above). 4 - Relaunch Maya. The Shelf buttons have tooltips to help.
EDIT: fixed broken download link and switched instruction to Maya.env instead of userSetup.mel
More info and improvements to come.